Where else can you experience the thrill of a jungle excursion at the beach? The Myrtle Beach Safari attraction enables visitors to tick off several items off of their bucket lists. From up-close encounters with ligers, eagles, and wolves, the animals at Myrtle Beach Safari are sure to keep those of all ages engaged and entertained. Keep reading to learn more about this 50-acre wildlife preserve in South Myrtle Beach.
Who Should Visit Myrtle Beach Safari?
The safari can be a great destination for a wide range of visitors who are interested in wildlife, conservation, and interactive experiences. Here are some groups of people who may particularly enjoy a visit to Myrtle Beach Safari:
- Families with children: Myrtle Beach Safari offers a variety of family-friendly experiences, such as the Safari Tour and Elephant Experience, that can be educational and fun for kids of all ages.
- Animal lovers: If you have a passion for animals, particularly big cats, primates, and elephants, you may enjoy the chance to get up close and personal with these animals at Myrtle Beach Safari.
- Nature enthusiasts: Myrtle Beach Safari is located in a 50-acre wildlife preserve with natural habitats that can be a great destination for nature lovers. Visitors can learn about conservation efforts and see animals in a natural setting.
- Adventure seekers: If you're looking for an exciting and unique experience, some of the interactive animal encounters, such as the Tiger Encounter and Chimpanzee Encounter, may be a thrilling adventure.
- Education and conservation advocates: Myrtle Beach Safari is committed to educating visitors about wildlife conservation and efforts to protect endangered species. If you're interested in learning about these issues and supporting conservation efforts, a visit to Myrtle Beach Safari can be a great way to get involved.
What Can You Do At Myrtle Beach Safari?
This attraction offers a variety of experiences where visitors can interact with and learn about wildlife. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Safari Tour – The Safari Tour is a guided tour through the 50-acre wildlife preserve. You'll get to see a variety of animals, including tigers, lions, wolves, and apes.
- Tiger Encounter – During the Tiger Encounter, you'll get up close and personal with a tiger. You'll be able to pet and take photos with the tiger, while learning about their behavior and conservation efforts.
- Elephant Experience – The Elephant Experience is a behind-the-scenes tour of the elephant habitat. You'll get to meet and interact with the elephants, as well as learn about their care and behavior.
- Chimpanzee Encounter – The Chimpanzee Encounter is a chance to meet and interact with chimpanzees. You'll get to watch them play and learn about their behavior and social dynamics.
- Private Tours – Private tours are available for groups who want a more personalized experience. You can choose which animals you want to see and how long you want the tour to last.
- Night Safari – The Night Safari is a special tour that takes place after dark. You'll get to see nocturnal animals like owls, bats, and alligators.
When Is The Best Time To Visit?
Located at 851 Folly Ranch Lane in Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach Safari is open to the public from 9 AM to 7 PM daily. The best time to visit Myrtle Beach Safari depends on your preferences and what you want to experience, but it’s safe to say that any time of the year is a great time to visit the attraction. Here are some factors to consider:
- Weather: Myrtle Beach has a humid subtropical climate with hot summers and mild winters. If you prefer cooler temperatures, you may want to visit in the spring or fall when the weather is mild and comfortable.
- Crowds: Myrtle Beach can get very crowded during the peak summer season, which runs from June through August. If you prefer fewer crowds, you may want to visit in the shoulder seasons of spring or fall when there are fewer tourists.
- Animal activity: Some of the animal encounters and experiences at Myrtle Beach Safari may be more active or available during certain times of the year. For example, the tigers may be more active during cooler weather or early morning hours.
- Special events: Myrtle Beach Safari may host special events or experiences throughout the year, such as holiday-themed tours or special animal encounters. You may want to check their website or social media channels to see if any events are happening during your preferred travel dates.
How To Reserve A Day at Myrtle Beach Safari
To book a day at Myrtle Beach Safari, you can follow these easy steps:
- Visit the Myrtle Beach Safari website at myrtlebeachsafari.com and click on “BOOK NOW” in the top right menu.
- Browse the available experiences and select the one(s) you are interested in.
- Choose the date and time you would like to visit, and select the number of people in your group.
- Enter your contact information and any additional details requested.
- Review your booking information, agree to the terms and conditions, and complete the payment process.
- Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with all the details of your visit, including directions, what to bring, and any other important information
Please note that some experiences may have age and height restrictions and require advance booking. Myrtle Beach Safari is constantly advertising new exciting encounters on a regular basis – it's always a good idea to check the Myrtle Beach Safari website or contact them directly for the most up-to-date information and to ensure availability for your preferred dates. If you're looking for other fun things to do with kids in Myrtle Beach, consider checking out Pirate's Voyage or all the attractions at Broadway at the Beach!