Take all the best parts of Broadway – the theatre, elements of surprise, suspension of disbelief, and unlimited sensory stimulation – then mix it with people’s favorite elements of a beach vacation, like the bright shining sun, friendly crowds, and delicious food and beverages. Your end result? Broadway at the Beach!
Indubitably Myrtle Beach’s top tourist destination, Broadway at the Beach is essentially a community inside a community, boasting the beach’s best spots for enjoying live music, fun and games, and global cuisine. Read on to learn more about the attractions that will have you and your family returning to Broadway at the Beach every time you vacation in the Grand Strand!
Who Should Visit Broadway At The Beach?
Broadway at the Beach can be a great destination for a wide range of visitors who are interested in shopping, dining, nightlife, and family-friendly activities. Here are some groups of people who may particularly enjoy a visit to Broadway at the Beach:
- Families with children: Broadway at the Beach offers a variety of family-friendly attractions, such as Ripley's Aquarium, WonderWorks, and the Hollywood Wax Museum, that can be fun and educational for kids of all ages.
- Shopaholics: With over 100 stores, ranging from major retailers to local boutiques, Broadway at the Beach can be a shopper's paradise. Indulge in new apparel at national chains like Forever 21, H&M, and Victoria’s Secret, or shop at more upscale stores like Fossil and White House Black Market.
- Foodies: Broadway at the Beach has over 20 restaurants and eateries – like Senor Frog’s and Joe’s Crab Shack, offering a variety of cuisines from around the world. From casual dining to upscale restaurants, there's something for every taste and budget.
- Nightlife seekers: Broadway at the Beach has a variety of bars, nightclubs, and entertainment venues, making it a popular destination for nightlife activities. The Hard Rock Cafe is one popular destination featuring live music performances and special events, while Dave & Buster’s offers a smattering of fun arcade games and a full-service bar.
- Tourists: If you're visiting Myrtle Beach, Broadway at the Beach can be a convenient and entertaining destination to spend a day or evening. A “Call-a-Cab” frozen daquiri at Wet Willie’s and song request at Crocodile Rocks are just a few bucket list items you’ll want to check off while at Broadway at the Beach.
What Are The Best Things To Do At Broadway At The Beach?
There’s truly an attraction for every kind of person at Broadway at the Beach. Whether you’re wanting a photo op with a celebrity, the chance to sing along to some of the best pop hits of the century, or immerse your kids in hands-on scientific experiments, Broadway at the Beach has a place to satiate every desire! Here are some of the best things to look for at Broadway at the Beach:
- Marine life, including sharks, sea turtles, and stingrays. Visitors can walk through a tunnel surrounded by fish, watch live shows, and even touch some of the animals.
- WonderWorks: WonderWorks is an interactive science museum with over 100 exhibits that allow visitors to experience science in fun and exciting ways. It features a 6D motion ride, a ropes course, and a laser tag arena.
- Hollywood Wax Museum: This museum features lifelike wax figures of celebrities from movies, TV, and music. Visitors can take photos with their favorite stars and learn about the history of Hollywood.
- Legends in Concert: This live music show features impersonators of famous musicians from past and present, such as Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, and Lady Gaga.
- Broadway Grand Prix: This outdoor attraction features seven go-kart tracks, mini-golf, an arcade, and a rock climbing wall.
- Myrtle Waves Water Park: This Myrtle Beach waterpark features over 20 water slides, a wave pool, lazy river, and a kiddie play area.
- Pavilion Park: This amusement park features a Ferris wheel, roller coaster, carousel, and other rides for all ages.
When Is The Best Time To Visit Broadway At The Beach?
Let’s be honest – is there ever a wrong time to visit Broadway at the Beach? Even on the cloudiest and rainiest of days in Myrtle Beach, there are still plenty of fun things to do at this weather-proof attraction. The best time to visit can depend on your personal preferences and interests. Here are some things to consider:
- Weather: The weather in Myrtle Beach can be hot and humid during the summer months, which can make outdoor activities less comfortable. The fall and spring months can be milder and more pleasant, while the winter months can be cooler.
- Crowds: Broadway at the Beach can be very crowded during peak travel seasons, such as summer and holidays. If you prefer fewer crowds, it may be best to visit during the off-season.
- Events: Broadway at the Beach hosts many events throughout the year, such as fireworks displays, live music, and holiday-themed events. If you're interested in attending a particular event, you'll want to plan your visit accordingly.
- Activities: Some attractions at Broadway at the Beach, such as the water park, may be closed during the off-season. If there are specific activities or attractions you want to enjoy, be sure to check their hours and availability before planning your trip.
Tips For Visiting Broadway At The Beach
For first-time visitors, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind before visiting this iconic Myrtle Beach attraction. Take into account the people you’re bringing with you, as some demographics may have special needs. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your visit:
- Wear comfortable shoes: Broadway at the Beach is a large complex with multiple levels, so wearing comfortable shoes can help you navigate the area with ease.
- Plan your parking: There are several parking options at Broadway at the Beach, including parking lots and parking garages. Be sure to plan ahead and choose the most convenient option for you.
- Bring sunscreen and water: If you plan to spend time outdoors, especially during the summer months, it's important to protect yourself from the sun and stay hydrated.
- Check for discounts and deals: Broadway at the Beach offers discounts and deals on attractions, dining, and shopping. Be sure to check their website or social media channels for any current promotions.
- Consider visiting during off-peak hours: Broadway at the Beach can be very crowded during peak travel seasons and weekends. Consider visiting during off-peak hours, such as early in the morning or on weekdays, to avoid crowds.
- Plan for multiple visits: With so many attractions, restaurants, and shops, it may be difficult to experience everything in one visit. Consider planning multiple visits or prioritizing the activities and attractions that interest you the most.
Overall, Broadway at the Beach can be a fun and entertaining destination for visitors of all ages. By following these tips, you can make the most of your visit and have a memorable experience. Break a leg!